Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Compassion Sunday - Change the Story




Hope everyone had a wonderful Compassion Sunday! Compassion officially had its Compassion Sunday campaign this past Sunday, April 22, 2012. Although this was specifically set aside for Compassion to recognize, child advocates and sponsors are able to choose a date that works best for their church.

My church, unfortunately has not been able to hold a Compassion Sunday for a second year in a row due to financial troubles. We have been looking to our church members to commit first to the local church before stepping out in a commitment with another Christian organization. Though this saddened me, I was thrilled with Compassion came out with an opportunity to share your Compassion story by creating your own profile page to send via e-mail, Facebook, and Twitter!

This was especially good for me because I still wanted to be able to do something with the Compassion Sunday campaign. Even if you have already had your Compassion Sunday presentation - or you are preparing for one - I highly recommend creating your own profile page to spread the word about child sponsorship even faster and to a great sphere of influence!

Check out my own page here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...